If you are looking for a good quality food sealer, but you don’t want something that is going to weigh a ton, take up too much space in your kitchen, or cost a fortune, a channel vacuum sealer is a great option for you. These models usually weigh less than 20 pounds, and will fit nicely on a countertop or in your cupboard until you are ready to use it. You can seal foods to keep them fresh for many months, which will allow you to save a lot of money on your grocery bills. If you are interested in getting a channel vacuum sealer, here are a few great options to choose.
Priced at just $120.11, the FoodSaver V3240 is a great little channel vacuum sealer. It has a manual operation with two speeds, and settings for both moist and dry foods. There is even a CrushFree Instant Seal that will keep softer foods like breads and cakes from crushing during the vacuum process. There is also a hose and port for sealing foods in FoodSaver containers.
- Pros – The FoodSaver V3240 has a built-in roll holder that will store a FoodSaver roll, so it is always there when you need it. The removable drip tray is easy to clean, and it is dishwasher-safe. An extra-wide sealing strip insures a tight seal.
- Cons – The bags for the FoodSaver V3240 cost $1 each, so the cost will add up quickly if you are doing a lot of food storage. Some customers have complained that the seal isn’t always tight.
With the Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300, you have the option to use a manual control or the auto mode for one-touch operation. The double piston pump seal bar allows you to preserve foods quickly and easily, and there is an extra-wide 5mm seal bar that provides a dependable seal. The seal bar is also longer than others, so you can seal bags that are up to 15” across.
- Pros – The Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 weighs just 14.4 pounds, and is small enough to fit on your countertop or be stored in the cupboard. You can seal any type of food, and customize the size of your bags depending on what you are sealing.
- Cons – The Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 is costly at $379.94, which may make you think twice before purchasing. Also, it does not come with a hose for sealing jars.
The Sous Vide Supreme SVV-00300 is easy to use, and ideal if you are into sous vide cooking. It will let you create bags that are completely airtight, so foods will only cook in their own juices and you never lose any flavor. It can even be used to keep personal, non-food items secure, including money and jewelry. This compact food sealer is small enough to leave on your counter, and it won’t be in the way.
- Pros – The Sous Vide Supreme SVV-00300 has a control panel that is easy to use. You can customize settings for all types of foods, and there are dry, moist, normal, and gentle settings. There is an extra-wide heat seal so your food always stays fresh.
- Cons – The vacuum channel isn’t as easy to clean as advertised. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to figuring out vacuum times for various foods.